1. Rebellion (Lies) by Arcade Fire off the album Funeral. The song is energetic, catchy, and it moves me every single time I hear it. After No Cars Go, it is my favorite song of theirs.
2. Toy Story 3. I am still a little overwhelmed with how much I enjoyed this film. I love almost every Pixar film to date, so it’s no surprise that I loved this one, but I didn’t expect to fall so hard for it. I can’t wait to see it again.
3. Raven’s Ladder by Jeffrey Overstreet. I finished it about two weeks ago and I am still thinking about it – that pretty much says it all. I am working on a review for it that I should have finished in the next couple of days. Overstreet has become one of my favorite authors and I am very excited to see what he has planned for the final book in this series.
4. Lost. Yes, I know. I’ve already finished this series. Who cares? It’s just that good. I am working my through the series again on Netflix Instant and I have just finished Season 1. I hope to start Season 2 very soon. I still stand by my belief that Season 1 is the best season of television I have ever seen.
5. I never thought I would write or even think this but here goes: World Cup Soccer. I am totally invested now. I am and will never be a huge soccer fan, but this World Cup has sucked me in and I am kind of hooked. I think it helped that the US team got screwed out of a goal. That slight got some non fans to pay attention for once – all that national pride and stuff. I hope they can keep this ride going for a little longer. Go USA!!!