1. Fielding – The Voice of Us. It just keeps getting better every time I hear it. There is a beautiful simplicity to it that I respond to. It’s a very quiet and sad album, but it earns every emotion it provokes.
2. The Elms- This Is How the World Will End. I’ve heard it about 30 times now ever since I downloaded it. It’s great. It’s powerful, anthemic, emotional. It has everything you could ask for in a great rock anthem. It kills in concert as well. I can’t wait for the full album on September 15th.
3. District 9. Intense. Violent. Unexpected. Ambitious. If you love sci-fi, action, or an amalgm of the two, do yourself a favor and go watch it.
4. Titans Football. It’s back. I have a really good feeling about this year’s team. I’m thinking they go 12-4 or 13-3. Watch out for Britt and Cook this year.
5. My wife. She is amazing. She had to go back to work – she is a teacher – a couple of weeks ago, thereby leaving our 2 month old baby boy with a sitter. It is very difficult for her every day to do this. I wish we could afford for her to stay home, but it’s not in the cards right now. She is a wonderful teacher though and I know her school would be much poorer without her presence.